Due to the close proximity to the brain and central nervous system, facial reflexology is an effective therapy to manage stress.
Stress is one of the root causes of many illnesses, such as: headaches/migraines, sleep issues, anxiety, depression, low mood, tiredness, irritability, IBS/stomach problems, muscle pain, tension, hormone imbalances, jaw discomfort due to clenching/grinding teeth.
Facial reflexology can help to assist in the control of stress levels. It has an analgesic effect; reducing pain by releasing endorphins, the body's natural painkiller, into the body. When we are stressed, the effects may show in the face such as spots/acne, skin complexion, frown lines and wrinkles. Facial reflexology can help to relax and relieve muscle tension in the face, giving a more radiant glow in the face.
Some of the benefits of facial
- Improves blood flow and circulation to the face and head area;
- Improves lymphatic drainage, assisting in the removal of toxins;
- Relieves tension in the muscle tissue;
- Relieves mental strain and improves concentration;
- Helps relieve sinus congestion;
- Has a rejuvenating effect on the skin, resulting in a radiant glow;
- A general feeling of calmness and a feeling of relaxation.
Facial Reflexology can be particularly helpful for treating specific conditions/issues such as:
- Headaches and migraines
- Sinus congestion
- Hay fever symptoms
- Sleep issues
- Facial tension
- Low mood